[geeks] Anyone have a use ...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu Sep 2 11:42:08 CDT 2004

> I have a chance to purchase a NEW APPLE LAPTOP.

Excellent!

> Can someone recommend either IBOOK/POWERBOOK.  (Money is not the issue)

Since money is not an issue want to buy me one?  ;-)

Depends on what you're going to use it for.

All-around-stuff like admin and other things - Powerbook

My all-around choice for Powerbook would be the 15" Powerbook with
Superdrive in it and 1gig of RAM right up front.  It has all the necessary
stuff to do things and is 100% iLife compatible for things.  It's not too
big.

Now if you're into video editing highly and don't want a desktop the only
choice that I see worth it is the 17" PowerbBook with the Superdrive and
128M video RAM.  It's huge - drolled on one at Fry's - but it's well worth
it for any sort of editing.  A good all-in-one package.  I'd wait to get
more than 1gig of RAM on it though as 2gig is massively expensive from
Apple for that box.

Mike
----
"I think we used too much!" - Chris Knight