[geeks] Re: Anybody else want a GMail account?

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Wed Sep 1 21:40:30 CDT 2004

On Sep 1, 2004, at 19:45, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> Have all the address go into one mainbox.  Mentally pick a new address
> each time.  Perhaps when registering with the NYTimes web site, you
> would give them the address of spamnyt at youserver.com.  Microsoft?
> spamms at yourserver, and so on.

I used to do this. I ended up with more spam than I could handle. I
eventually turned them all off and now just have two addresses that go
to the same box (one personal and one more professional), as well as a
few forwards here and there that other people have assigned, like
companies I've worked for, etc.

It's a nice idea, but becomes unwieldy after a while.

---sambo