[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 27 19:39:01 CDT 2004

> From: "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net>
> Date: 2004/10/28 Thu AM 12:12:58 GMT
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: Re: [geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions
>
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> > but now that you have indicated that you carry flamable materials
> > on passenger planes in a public forum,
>
> Uh, yes.  It's alcohol and menthol based and in the cargo hold.  The

In checked baggage, hmmm - the inspector must have had a "hot date" after work and wanted to clean up. ;^)

> stewardesses carry plenty of equally flammable materials on board in the
> cabin and serve them to the folks in first class.

Great, now we just have to sit back and wait for Senator Kerry & Co. to point out that the makings of a molatov cocktail are on each flight! This president is not doing what he should be doing! No raw materials of mass-destruction should be carried on our planes!

And before anyone asks, I think you can legally carry flint & steel to ignite the "cocktail" ;^)

I wonder if big rocks are allowed on the plane (as long as they fit in the overhead compartment? ;^)?

> > As for the foreign policy, let's keep in mind that it was (most likely)
> > shaped by events that occured against us first...
>
> Tell you what.  I'd rather have a 9/11 occur every day than for us to
> lose the core rights and beliefs in liberty and gonverment non-
> intervention that makes us, as a society, worth preserving.  If, as a
<snip>

I was simply pointing out that most of our offensive policies were the result of prior acts, I am not (and would not) defend them all as good/correct/etc... The word "over-reaction" comes to mind.