[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 27 15:22:11 CDT 2004

> From: "Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez" <lefa at ucsc.edu>
> Date: 2004/10/27 Wed AM 05:24:16 GMT
> To: patrick at zill.net,  The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

> But in the same sense, you are penalizing people living in
> Chicago... because they happen to live where a bunch of
> other people live. Which maybe it is not a fair thing to
> do in modern day and age. At least when it comes to
> selecting one of the branches of the government. Since the
> Senate already gives a disproportionate weight to smaller
> (read less populated) states.

"Winner takes all" does, in some sense, marginalize the losers voters (if my state is profoundly biased toward "the other party", it honestly does no good for me to go out and vote, except to lessen the margin of victory for the other candidate)...

The current election now seems to be coming down to Ohio being the key state - it's right there in fly-over country, just the way it is supposed to be ;^)

I think there will be a lot of suprises (on both sides) on election night when we see who wins what states...