[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sun Oct 24 12:03:54 CDT 2004

> > > VMS, now all but dead, is still being stabbed continously by its
> > > adoptive parents.
> >
> > I'm led to believe that VMS usage is on the rise with not only
> > installations upgrading their systems, but also a significant number of
> > migrations to VMS.
>
> Hmmm... the local VMS shops are still abandoning it, complaining about a
> lack of support, and just about all of them are gone now.

I guess it must be a local thing.  Maybe the local VMS shops hired a bunch of
suits that wanted to migrate to something else because that's what they know?
It's pretty common for new management to change everything in the new company
to match the old company, rather than learn how to do things the new company
way.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net