[geeks] Asterisk help

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at mail.zill.net
Fri Oct 22 13:04:37 CDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 01:59:46PM -0400, james wrote:

> Otherwise, look to something like the TDM400 card with 1FXO and 1FXS for $119.00.
>
> http://www.thevoipconnection.com/store/catalog/product_16185_Digium_TDM400P_FXO_FXS_Interface_Card.html
>
> If you can stand the noise (+300 messages/day) you can also join the * mailing list, see the * site. Also, the * WIKI is full of good things.

Here is something I would like to have:

VOIP box in USA --> DSL/cable -> phone hardware -> local dialing area
in foreign country

That is, be able to connect to a VOIP box over the net, and then dial
local numbers in $country .

Everyone agrees that it can be done, but no one seems to be able to
tell me what combination of hardware and software will do it.

--Patrick