[geeks] Asterisk help

james james at jdfogg.com
Fri Oct 22 12:59:46 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 13:51, Bill Bradford wrote:
> So, I hear that I can use a PCI winmodem as a single-line FXO
> interface.. anybody have pointers?
>
> I'm looking at building up another mini-ITX box to run asterisk
> at the new place in Houston..

I hear there are better approaches.

But, the modem you speak of must have an Intel/Ambient MD3200 chipset.

Otherwise, look to something like the TDM400 card with 1FXO and 1FXS for $119.00.

http://www.thevoipconnection.com/store/catalog/product_16185_Digium_TDM400P_FXO_FXS_Interface_Card.html

If you can stand the noise (+300 messages/day) you can also join the * mailing list, see the * site. Also, the * WIKI is full of good things.