[geeks] Political Discussions on geeks-L

Matthew Braun geeks at leydenjar.com
Tue Oct 19 18:47:00 CDT 2004

When a bunch of geeks talk about something, it can't help but be
infused with a geek mindset. I don't think that talking politics is a
problem. When the discussion, regardless of the subject, turns ugly
("PeeCees" anyone?) that's the real problem.

A healthy and informative debate, about anything, benefits all parties.
Rancor is the real problem.

That being said, however, if a motion has been made to table this
discussion, I will gladly respect that.

--
"I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's;
I will not reason and compare: my business is to create."