[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Tue Oct 19 15:53:43 CDT 2004

On Oct 19, 2004, at 3:31 PM, <geeks at litfire.com> wrote:

> Geoff Mendelson said:
>> And in general, if you sue someone for damages, you must prove damage
>> and
>> you will be awared by the judge (no juries here for civil cases)
>> exactly
>> what you prove. No tripple damages, no legal fees, etc.
>
> The American people have become litigious in a "get rich quick"
> blindness.

To our detriment.  My then three year-old son was badly injured on
unsafe playground equipment at our apartment complex.  What we wanted
was an apology from the management company for leaving a bit of
playground equipment in an unfinished state over a long holiday
weekend.  That's it - no money, no damage awards just a stinkin'
apology.  We were told, in effect, to talk to their lawyers.

So we did. And got our apology.  Plus legal expenses.

~brian