[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Oct 18 10:37:30 CDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 02:32:33PM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> 1. Bush will be re-elected.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/10/16/73538/264

(and the NYT article it references: )

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/17/magazine/17BUSH.html?oref=login&oref=login

If he does, we're ALL SCREWED (at least those of us in the US).

> 4. There will be an amendment to the constitution to elimiate the electoral
>    college.

Thank god.

> 5. It will include permission for Gov. Schwartzenegger to be president.

Yeah, but he'd never get elected.

> 6. CBS plauged with with credability problems will drop it's news division
>    which has NEVER made a profit.

Its time for Dan Rather to retire anyway.

> 15. Microsoft will admit that Windows/NT was really UNIX system 7 run through
>     a code randomizer.

You mean VMS. :)

Bill

--