[geeks] just to stir things up, a few predictions

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Oct 18 07:32:33 CDT 2004

Since it has been awfully quiet here for a few days, I thought I would
stir things up with some predictions. Most are based upon my observation
from afar: :-)

1. Bush will be re-elected.

2. Very Few (5-10%) of the absentee ballots will be counted.

3. The electoral college will fail Political science 101.

4. There will be an amendment to the constitution to elimiate the electoral
   college.

5. It will include permission for Gov. Schwartzenegger to be president.

6. CBS plauged with with credability problems will drop it's news division
   which has NEVER made a profit.

7. CBS will become the all CSI network and will change it's name to CSI.

8. AT&T will find a memorandum proving that it never actually sold UNIX,
   only rented it.

9. Linus Torvalds will admit that the UNIX source code was revealed
   by G-D to him in a dream, and SCO should go sue the church.

10. When asked about it, the pope will say "Linus who"?

11. When asked about it, the Archibiship of Canteburry (head of the Anglican
    church)  will say "G-d who"?

12. IBM will find that it's license for AI/X expired January 1 19100.

13. Apple will find out that's license for AU/X prevents them from selling
    any other form of UNIX and will re-issue AU/X and include a CD with
    every copy of OS X.

14. Sun will find out that's original UNIX license required them to release
    any modifications they made to the public, run a diff on the solaris
    source code and find that the only lines of code that are left
    from the original and cannot be distributed are copyright notices.

15. Microsoft will admit that Windows/NT was really UNIX system 7 run through
    a code randomizer.

16. RMS will claim that the above code randomizer was GPL version 0, and
    required all output to be in the public domain.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, C.T.O. GW&T Ltd., Jerusalem Israel
gsm at mendelson.com gsm at gwandt.com
IL Voice: 972-544-608-069  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838