[geeks] a True Windows XP Story

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Oct 13 10:49:00 CDT 2004

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 @ 23:19 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix said:

> Tue, 12 Oct 2004 @ 16:24 -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo said:
>
> > This actually happened to me, at a client where I am "the Linux guy"
> > but also help out occasionally with Windows.
> >
> > The other guy started this Windows XP Pro install, then left for the
> > day.
> >
> > When I came in:
> >
> > http://freepers.zill.net/users/ikka_fr/faster-reliable.JPG
> >
> > "Your computer will be faster and more reliable..."
>
> This is *your* photo?
>
> I ask because I first saw this same photo (it's in my humor archives)
> quite some time ago, at least a year, maybe two.

I just found the photo in my archives.  It's just like Pat's photo, but
it's from Windows 98, and the crash occured in practically the same
place, or rather, the same level of irony.

I sent him a copy of it, and he can post it if he likes.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The object of war is not to die for your
country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- General George S.