[geeks] Thoughts on mailing list advertising

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 12:19:27 CDT 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:53:27 -0400, sammy ominsky <s at avoidant.org> wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2004, at 12:40, Anthony Ortenzi wrote:
>
> > It's not begging to put an "If you'd like to give, here's how" paypal
> > link
> > or something.
>
> Hahaha. This has been by index.html for over a year now:
>
> http://avoidant.org

I was actually thinking more along the lines of the Amazon "cookie jar"
concept.  Us'ns see the value in contributing more than a couple bucks
through Paypal--we use the sunhelp.org resources everyday.  But those
who come, search around get their answer and go, might be more willing
to drop in $.25/.50/1 kind of amounts.  Paypal ain't the answer for that.

But I dunno if Amazon (honor system, ? I can't recall) is still running or not.

=Nadine=