[geeks] Re: [rescue] Thoughts on mailing list advertising?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Oct 12 10:09:41 CDT 2004

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 @ 23:34 -0500, Bill Bradford said:

> On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 11:36:42PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> > Dumb question, but could you possibly host it at home?  Or is the
> > business class service too expensive?
>
> My worry about that would be that the cable/DSL static IP pools are
> already in the RBLs, which would make running mailing lists off it
> a huge pain in the ass.

If you get business class service, would it be in the same subnets as
the standard end user connections?

The RBLs are getting downright stupid.  I haven't had any of them
block a significant amount of SPAM for a long time now.  Things like
SpamAssassin work a lot better.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [There is a limit to how stupid people really
are -- just as there's a limit to the amount of hydrogen in the Universe.