[geeks] Thoughts on mailing list advertising

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Oct 11 20:27:45 CDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 05:59:00PM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> Personally, i'd rather not have the ad's if we can find a way to get you
> the new machine without resorting to it.  I'd rather chuck in some cash
> for a new server fund.  Maybe we can all donate what we can, and get
> enough to cover it?
>    -Dan Sikorski

Guys, thanks for the suggestion - but I *hate* handouts/begging for money/
etc.

SunHELP isn't *entirely* non-profit - I make enough from Google ads to pay
for the colo/hosting fees, and occasionally buy a load of groceries.

My conscience won't let me beg for handouts/donations for a service that
produces revenue (tiny, but it *does* produce revenue).

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas