[geeks] Thoughts on mailing list advertising

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Oct 11 11:14:28 CDT 2004

Bill Bradford wrote:
> What are you guys' thoughts on small advertisements (2-3 lines) in the
> message footer at the end of each mail going through the lists I host
> (sunhelp/rescue/geeks)?
>
> I'm being relocated to Houston for work, and need to find some way to raise
> enough money for a decent 1U x86 server so that I can move all of the
> SunHELP stuff to a provider in Houston eventually.

I can see it now under the sig on geeks:

	This posting brought to you by Bill's House O' Guns.
	With the assualt rifle ban history, get you M16a1's before they
	are illegal again.

	Today's special M1 Garand, 3 clips, 1 box 30-06 FMJ ammo.
	mention the Geeks list and get it for $299, a $30 saving.

	Bill's House O' Guns, across from the Texas Book Supositrory Building.

:-)

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, C.T.O. GW&T Ltd., Jerusalem Israel
gsm at mendelson.com gsm at gwandt.com
IL Voice: 972-544-608-069  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838