[geeks] Solaris USB driver

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sun Oct 10 11:36:15 CDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 04:27:08PM +1000, Scott Howard wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 11:05:01PM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> > Well, the one thing I disappointingly found out is that apparently
> > release 04/04 of Solaris 9 is needed for USB 2.0 support.
>
> I think there's patches which add the same support to earlier releases.
>
> Failing that, an in-place upgrade isn't exactly rocket science...

No, an in place upgrade will just be troublesome because I'd need new
ISOs which will be a pain to download (dial-up at home) and more than I
can spend this month to buy CDs from Sun.

However, I think I've identified the main patch needed (115553-13), and
am working on downloading the patches it depends on, and looking for any
other patches I need (the 115553 patch doesn't quite appear to have
everything, like it appears to be lacking files needed for
development).

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net