[geeks] FS: Vaio P4 2.8Ghz laptop

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Oct 10 00:44:57 CDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 11:02:07PM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> You moved?

I will be, in the next 2-3 months.  $WORK is closing their Austin offices
effective November 30th.  Out of 60 people, 7 will be staying at a yet-undecided
facility here in Austin to continue legacy product support, 25 (including me)
were offered relocation to the corporate offices in Houston, and the rest
were given severance.

I've got to close down the Austin offices (~350 machines), ship most of it
to other development centers, toss a LOT of stuff (possible geek/rescue
event of the century here), and then set up the IT infrastructure for the
remaining people in Austin at their new place, THEN move my fat ass to
Houston.  Amy will be finding us a rental house there in the next couple
of weeks, so we can graduaally move over the weekends and get things like
electric/phone/broadband established first.

Anybody in the Austin (or driving distance) area want to buy a year-old
Hitachi 51G500 51" rear-projection HDTV real cheap, soon?  It's not worth
the hassle to haul 150 miles, so we'll just buy another TV when we get
down there.

Bill

--
bill bradford