[geeks] Netatalk and Solaris 10

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Fri Oct 8 01:24:40 CDT 2004

Hi, due to the recent demise of my U5 file server's disk, when I rebuilt
the system, I only had Solaris 10 disks around. So I installed Solaris 10
on it. I downloaded the latest version and ran the upgrade.

So far, the advice given here (thanks guys), about Solaris 9 binaries
running here has been correct, with two exceptions. One is the device
driver for 3COM ethernet cards which someone posted a link to a while ago,
the other, more important to me is that the KERNEL module of Netatalk
will not compile.

I've tried both netatalk-2.0-beta1  and netatalk-2.0-rc2 and have had no
luck. I've googled and checked the netatalk developer's mailing list
archive and found nothing.

Before I go nuts, has anyone succeeded in compiling netatalk on solaris 10?

Thanks in advance.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, C.T.O. GW&T Ltd., Jerusalem Israel
gsm at mendelson.com gsm at gwandt.com
IL Voice: 972-544-608-069  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838