[geeks] CP1500 Marathon box...

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sun Oct 3 21:51:30 CDT 2004

Matthew Poertner wrote:

>Here's a link to a pic of the box with everything pulled out.
>
>http://www.poertner.net/~matthew/cp1500.jpg

Looks just like mine. :)

>Notice the connector on the backplane for the top slot compared to the
>other two slots.   You can see the solder joints on the board but part
>of the connector is missing for the bottom two slots.  Some of the
>boards I see on ebay look like they need the missing part of the
>connector.... Hope that makes sence.

The top slot is for the mainboard, the bottom two are for other cPCI
cards, NIC's, etc..

>Theres also another "hidden" slot in the back if you take the case
>apart.  But there wouldn't be anyway to mount a card in there - It's
>not really a sot, just the connector.

That's the rear-IO port.  The cards for that are difficult to find, and
your chassis doesn't have room for them anyway.  You would have things
like video, keyboard, and external SCSI out of there, but you really
don't need it.

>Yeah,  jumpstarting is nice if you understand it.  I seem to always
>have trouble with it.  Plus I don't always have an extra machine
>around to do it with.

It's really going to be your best option, unless you can find some sort
of adapter cable to go from one of the SCA connectors to a 50 or 68 pin
cable for your cd-rom.

    -Dan Sikorski