[geeks] Carly Fiorina to enter politics? This nation is doomed...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Oct 3 19:06:40 CDT 2004

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 @ 12:03 -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo said:

> On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 10:47:33AM -0400, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> > " I didn't run NetBSD for some years after it was first released.
> > "
> > " My first thought was "home!"
>
> I have OpenBSD (related to NetBSD) to be a very "clean" OS in so many ways.

I don't like OpenBSD, for reasons I can't quite write down.

However, is is nice because like NetBSD, you basically just untar the
distribution, kernel, set your boot blocks, and you are done.

I haven't tried it in three years, so I might like it better now.

> Another point against solaris: they are dumping plain text files in
> some of their configuration programs, and going with XML.

Ick...

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["People should have access to the data which
you have about them.  There should be a process for them to challenge any