[geeks] retro magazine fun

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 09:50:25 CST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:42:49 -0500, David L Kindred (Dave)
<d.kindred at telesciences.com> wrote:

>     Doug> Back when computers were *fun*.  (Did computers change, or did
>     Doug> I?  ...
>
> Is it perhaps the old turning your avocation into your vocation thing?
> [Who has the famous quote to the affect???]
>
> I think this is my biggest issue, once done with a full workday I have
> no interest left.

I have considered, on several occasions (including very recently) of
switching my job focus to Macs.  But given how much I like them, I
have trepidation about doing so for this very reason.  I can remember
going to MacWorld 2K in SF after a particularly stressful winter at
work, and realizing that the most painful thing was that the job had
killed my joy for computers.  Shortly thereafter I switched to another
group within the company, which helped somewhat.

It's also this issue that has made me seriously consider getting out
of IT alltogether.

=Nadine=