[geeks] Drool-worthy

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Wed Nov 10 17:49:35 CST 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Matthew Braun wrote:
> I'm thinking of catwalks with supercomputers on them, booming music,
> and photographer's flashes.

That's how I always pictured McGuire's house.

Seymour was here in Colorado Springs when he died.  I had a friend
working at Cray at the time and I made a lot of visits to his lab
late at night where I got to play with some of his toys.  The couple of
weeks between the accident and Seymour's death were pretty sad for both
of us.  He was a BRILLIANT man.

Incidentally, it was through this event that I learned that careless
driving resulting in death isn't even a felony here.  Pathetic.

-DanD

# If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We
# might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. -DEEP THOUGHTS