[geeks] Re: [rescue] It's official, the U.S. is screwed for

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue Nov 9 17:06:35 CST 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 05:50:04PM -0500, Dave Fischer wrote:
> brian.dunbar at plexus.com writes:
> >I think that's why I prefer working on the technical side of things -
> >software isn't contextual, it either works or it doesn't, and there is
> >always a reason why.
>
> James Clark had a nice quote about academia versus business along
> those lines. Something about only having to impress real people
> who buy hardware...

*nod*

The attraction of academia is far from lost on me.  I'm still pissed off
at the manager at GSU who just plain fucking simple procrastinated until
the job I was *the only qualified applicant for* just went away.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net