[geeks] Re: [rescue] It's official, the U.S. is screwedfor4more years

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue Nov 9 15:32:19 CST 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 04:04:32PM -0500, Michael Horton wrote:
> and it does not mean that they are not able to defend themslves against
> attempted murder, robbery, assault, etc. under "normal" circumstances.

Though there seem to be many self-professed Christians who assert that
it does ....  which goes back to that whole mistranslated "Thou shalt
not kill/murder" issue again.

> there are circumstances when "self-reservation" is not the supreme goal
> of life.

True.  I regard defending others as one such, but not "making a moral
point" or seeking after some promised paradise or salvation.  You can
hold the moral high ground and still be dead, and anyone who's depending
on you is gonna be in the lurch.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net