[geeks] Re: [rescue] It's official, the U.S. is screwed for 4 more years

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Nov 7 10:55:11 CST 2004

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 @ 21:14 -0600, Matthew Braun said:

> >Fri, 05 Nov 2004 @ 01:12 +0000, wa2egp at att.net said:
> >
> >>I find it amazing that people agree to a system and when it doesn't
> >>go their way, they want to bail.
> >
> >Exactly.
>
> I don't know if that's a fair statement; I was born in this country and
> (unless you believe we choose our parents) it wasn't a choice. I have
> for many years been bothered by certain social and political issues
> (the natures of which are irrelevant) and I wonder if my beliefs in a
> social structure might be more compatible with another nation.

That's quite a bit different from bailing because things didn't go your
way or times are hard, etc.

Also, consider the other country's viewpoint: do they want a citizen
that has demonstrated he will leave when things don't happen the way he
likes them to?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Well, I have entered the "metallic years."
Silver in my hair, gold in my teeth, lead in my ass... -- Sheldon Hall in