[geeks] Re: [rescue] It's official, the U.S. is screwed for 4 more years

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at mail.zill.net
Sun Nov 7 00:11:09 CST 2004

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 11:40:22PM -0600, Matthew Braun wrote:
> On Nov 6, 2004, at 11:27 PM, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> >
> >I think that is a bit different than "My candidate didn't win so
> >I'm leaving".   Unfortunately, the last few weeks of the
> >campaign, I saw more of the Bush cult versus the Kerry cult
> >than I want to see.  Couldn't talk to either of them.  Now we
> >need "healing" between the two sides.  Talk about "I will
> >not reason...."

The part that got to me was the Kerry concession speech.  Edwards
comes on and unsubtly hints that Bush is a bad guy who doesn't want to
count all the votes... then 3 minutes later Kerry is talking about how
he and Bush agreed during their phone conversation about the need for
unity... it's like some of the nutjobs on the Democrat fringe want to
be able to call Bush a jackass, but still have him be nice to them.

> What's really sad is that I just heard maybe a few hours ago from my
> mother who told me that a young man (25 years) killed himself today
> because Bush was reelected. Now, I may not like our country's choice
> for president, but chreeist, people need to lighten up. (I'm not able

There was no suicide note, but he was a strong Democrat.

Managed to get into Gound Zero in Manhattan and apparently killed
himself there, with a 12-gauge shotgun... I guess the good part is he
didn't take anybody else with him... still, I thought shotguns were
illegal in NYC?

Like the cops, firefighters, and EMTs on duty there haven't seen
enough.

--Patrick