[geeks] Re: [rescue] It's official, the U.S. is screwed for 4 more years

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sat Nov 6 11:37:54 CST 2004

>Anyway, I remember now why I'm a computer geek: for the most part the
>machine is a world I control and it's logical rather tham political.

And if it acts up, you can always unplug it.

Reminds me of a NCIS show I saw recently.  They were trying to get
infomation on a person/victim and suddenly some one was hacking
their computer.  Two of the "geeks" were frantically typing away trying
to stop the invasion with little success.  They mention it had to be a
pretty powerful supercomputer being used.  (Hollywood crap...)
Suddenly the machines went dead.  They were mystified.  "What
happened?"  Then their boss climbed up from behind the computer
table with a power cord in his hand and looked at them both.  Just
a priceless exchange of looks.  It still makes me smile.......

I teach science.  I like science because it doesn't matter who you
are, if you fall out of the window, you'll hit the sidewalk at the same
speed. (heh, heh)