[geeks] "Filemon" for Unix

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon May 31 13:13:59 CDT 2004

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 12:59:44PM -0500, Matthew Braun wrote:
> Filemon was great for figuring out why a program was bombing out when
> it was trying to read or write to a file that didn't exist or had the
> wrong permissions when the program wasn't very communicative ("An error
> has occurred" doesn't do much for me)

long long ago, I had a binary patch that had to be applied by hand to
the System file with ResEdit which, while it didn't make the bomb icon
any more informative, at least made it more amusing.  It replaced the
sputtering bomb and the uninformative "A system error has occurred" with
a deranged, grinning Aztec-style head and the message, "Good golly!
Blooeyville, buddy!!"

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net