[geeks] XM or Sirius Radio

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Sun May 30 16:22:02 CDT 2004

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 03:17:45PM -0500, Judy Loomis wrote:
> It's my husband's birthday and they just killed the last hard rock station
> in Dallas.  SO, I thought a geeks list would be the perfect place for
> opinions on whether XM or Sirius is better and/or which brand of equipment
> to buy.

I've been very very happy with XM Radio. I have the XM Roady and love
it. The only drawback is that it doesn't always display the full artist
or song name (it runs out of room). There's a promotion currently going
on that if you buy the roady, you'll get a free home adaptor.

XM also has commercial-free music stations and dedicated stations for
local weather and traffic. Tune in anytime day or night and within 2
minutes, you'll have the weather, and the traffic situation.

You can get a full listing of their stations at http://www.xmradio.com/pdf/new_lineup.pdf

The one thing that I know about Sirius is that they offer streaming of
their stations to subscribers.

Hope this helps

Jeff