[geeks] testing

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Sun May 30 14:54:50 CDT 2004

On May 30, 2004, at 12:45 PM, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> Mike Hebel wrote:
>
>> I don't know if it worked or not.
>>
>> Want a laugh?  I've been listed on this RBL and no other:
>>
>> http://www.blars.org/errors/block.html
>>
>> Apparently he blocked all of SBC's DSL IPs.  The thing that gets me
>> is his terms for removal.  Look at the bottom of the page.
>>
>> Sorry, bitter and ranting at the moment...
>
> One of my clients is similarly listed on that RBL and no other.  and
> they're on they're own subnet.  According to his logic, if you're on
> the same /24 as someone with an open relay, you should be blocked too.
>  It's either that, or he just deiced to put people on there to drum up
> buisness.
>
> Anyone using his list has got to be stupid.

Seems like I'm blocked as well - we're on cable - Road Runner.  Small
loss.

This page claims I can hire him to investigate why I'm blocked, then
forces me to jump through hoops to send him an email from a non-blocked
address ...

I'm surprised he doesn't put snipers on the roof to take potshots at
customers as they drive up ....

~brian