[geeks] Wow - they really like this ugly old car...

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri May 28 12:57:47 CDT 2004

On May 28, 2004, at 1:37 PM, Francois Dion wrote:

> Andrew Weiss wrote:
>
>> Dude you're making me want one...(thinks about going to the only AMC
>> dealer left in existence)
>>
>> http://www.amcpacer.com/about/statsfacts.html (2/3 of the way down in
>> Pikesville NC)
>>
>> Speaking of which I saw a Peugeot dealership in NJ last week or so...
>> Ramsey Peugeot.
>
> You are thinking of Renault, as they were in the
> AMC/Jeep/Eagle/Chrysler adventure in the US. Jeep Cherokee was a
> Renault design, and Renault 21 were rebadged Eagle Medallion.

No I'm not.  I was talking about two different things.

A. Wanting an AMC product. (I like the looks and nostalgia)
B. Seeing an operational Peugeot dealership. (Not at all common in the
US)

The only relationship between the two in this message is that a lot of
people lump both products in the CRAP bin... other examples are:

Yugo, (French Cars... Sorry), the Edsel, (Italian Cars <> to
super-cars... i.e. Fiat), Chevy Vega, Ford Pinto, etc.

Cars and manufacturers that tended to make the 10 worst cars of all
time list.  The Gremlin was included on that.  I still like some of
them.  I even think the Renault Dauphine is cute despite being one of
the worst cars of all time.  I also like Pinto hatchbacks.

Andrew