[geeks] Not going to Solaris x86 after all

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu May 27 12:04:13 CDT 2004

Thanks to a generous SunHELP advertiser, I've now got the task of
building up this machine this weekend as the replacement SunHELP
server:

Sun Enterprise 420R (4 X UltraSPARC-II 450MHz), No Keyboard
OpenBoot 3.23, 4096 MB memory installed, Serial #1234567
Ethernet address 8:0:20:fe:4b:57, Host ID: 80fe4b57.

I'd also like to thank the SunHELP supporter who donated a pair of older
Athlon x86 machines when I thought I was going to have to move to Solaris
x86.  Those two machines will now serve as a firewall/IDS and remote backup
server.

If everything goes well, the swap-out will be transparent (other than an hour
or two of downtime) and will happen mid next-week.

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas