[geeks] Vacuum!

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Tue May 25 14:38:18 CDT 2004

On May 25, 2004, at 2:23 PM, Mike F wrote:

> Kevin wrote:
>
>> One cat's worth of hair, misc dirt and grunge and a couple
>> gallons of water, all mixed together.  Can't think of a lovelier
>> thought.
>> /KRM
>> On Tue, 25 May 2004 15:12:28 -0400
>> Mike F <lists at ibrew.net> wrote:
>>> We have a Rainbow also - it's a deceptively simple, but
>>> well-engineered and *very* effective vacuum. It's hard to
>>> justify the price, but with 4 cats in the house, every time
>>> we vacuum, there's about 1 whole cat's worth of hair in
>>> the water container :)
>
> Disgusting, but strangely satisfying, knowing that that was
> in and on your carpet. And you _have_ to dump the sludge
> outside - you don't want to flush it - I know that from
> experience :)

Where DO you dump your leavings?  In Texas I filtered out the
non-biodegradable junk and had the kids toss the mess far far away (we
had three acres in pasture behind the house).  I don't have the three
acres in Wisconsin - we've barely got a yard by Texas standards.  I've
been sieving out the crap from the water and dumping the mess in the
trash.  Can you compost that stuff?  Would you want to?

~brian