[geeks] MySQL question

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon May 24 22:51:53 CDT 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 10:47:26PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 2004, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
> > This is another of those religious issues.
>
> It's not religious at all.  It's just a case of whether you want speed
> or correctness, or whether you actually -need- the extensibility
> PostgreSQL provides and whether or not your application supports it.
>
> I can think of no single thing MySQL does better, although it's command-
> line client is a -lot- more "comfy".

Oh, I guess I must have been imagining the real-world example I just
mentioned.

> Oh!  It certainly does a much better job of attracting web duhvelopers
> who should stick to flipping burgers.

Oh dear, excuse me, look at the time, must run.  I have an appointment
to flip burgers with Kern Sibbald, Dan Langille, and Mike Oliphant.  To
name just a few.

What is it about people on these lists who aren't happy unless they're
starting a fight?

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :