[geeks] Vacuum!

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon May 24 20:28:05 CDT 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 08:02:35PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 03:13:14PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > Hmmm....  I have a Lightning that's at least five years old, and it's
> > dying by degrees.  Got a pointer to the Dyson?  What do you like about
> > it?
>
> Is your Lightning having problems where the "pole" connects to the
> power head as well?

Yup.  The plastic latch bar in the end of the wand wore/broke out.  I
just repaired that by making a sheetmetal patch and riveting it in.
I've also had to take apart and retension the power cord reel once,
replace the power head once because the motor siezed, and replace the
locking pedal on the replacement power head (cannibalizing the old head)
because both pivot ears sheared off it.  And the power switch is giving
trouble.

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :