[geeks] FS: Loaded Sun E3K

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat May 22 08:37:36 CDT 2004

On May 21, 2004, at 2:28 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 01:16:27PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> But ..... you just GOT it.
>
> 1:26pm  up 78 day(s), 15:17,  10 users,  load average: 1.54, 1.62, 1.60
>
> :-(
>
> I know.  I love the machine, it works GREAT, but its sucking too much
> AC power (nothing else can be added to the rack without popping a fuse)
> and I have to reduce the space usage (26" vertical, 27" including the
> shelf
> it sits on).

So here's the thing... if you truly love it then keep it... power it
down until the time when you can run it again... lovingly wrap it up to
keep the dust off, and store just it.  No reason you need to sell the
darn thing.  Then proceed with your original plans to replace it except
skip the selling part.

Andrew