[geeks] Rackmount server recommendations

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu May 20 08:55:15 CDT 2004

I need recommendations for rackmount servers.

I'm in need (well, helping a friend look actually) of a couple of rackmount
machines, 1/2/3U, preferrably around 1Ghz (but not essential), 512M RAM,
10/100 ethernet, IDE disks, CD-ROM.  Need to be able to run RedHat.

His projected budget is around $500 each.  Unfortunately, eBay is *not* an
option - I need to be able to point him at a web page and say "buy this and
that".

I've looked at Dell, Gateway, HP, IBM, and Penguin Computing.  Any other
vendors I should be aware of?

Bill

--
bill bradford