[geeks] sword questions

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon May 17 09:36:58 CDT 2004

I know there are sword geeks here, and I have some questions - actually
just looking for guidance.

I am in the market for a useable katana.  By useable, I mean
something that's not going to fall apart should I decide to slice a
watermellon with it.  Something that's not going to fail if I get stupid
and take out my frustrations one a burlap bag full of potatos.
Something that isn't going to snap if I whack a 2x4 with it.

I can't spend $1000 on this.  In fact, $500 is too expensive.
Lets face it, I'm not going to get into a swordfight any time soon.
This isn't feudal Japan, and I'm not some gaijin ronin.

Comments, thoughts, suggestions?  Anyone seen Paul Chen practical stuff?
 Anyone have a Cold Steel katana?

--
Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a
kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective judgement in all