[geeks] Q: Replacing HD in Powerbook Ti

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon May 10 09:28:57 CDT 2004

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 02:25:01PM +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've got a nice, 80 Gig 9.5 mm 2.5" IDE notebook drive with an 8 meg cache
> that I want to insert into my Powerbook Ti:
>
>  - pointers on manual procedure?
>
>  - pointers to repair shops that will replace drive/migrate data?

Is there Ghost for Macs?

>  - copy entire 30 Gig HD to external drive
>
>  - open PB, remove HD, install new HD
>
>  - build new O/S install on new drive
>
>  - copy previous backup on to new drive

Could you not:
  - copy internal disk to external disk
  - install new disk
  - boot from external disk
  - initianlize new internal disk and copy external disk to internal
    disk?

Or will a TiBook not boot from a FireWire external disk?

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :