[geeks] MacOS is VERY impressive

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Sun May 9 18:52:48 CDT 2004

So for mother's day I bought my wife an Apple PowerMac G4 quicksilver off ePay.
Today was the first day I got to set it up.  The seller sent me the system,
keyboard, mouse, and the OS CDs (10.2 + 9.2.2).  Of course I install 10.2
first and then realize that Apple would prefer that you first install 9.2.2
first and THEN 10.2.  No biggie, I found the workaround.

All I can say is that this thing ROCKS!  I am quite impressed with it...of
course it's going to take a little effort to get my wife used to the new
interface and some of the other changes, but she mostly uses it for e-mail,
web browsing, and some writing...nothing very powerful.  I can see myself
setting this thing up to do some distributed folding given all of the extra
cycles it will have to spare (it's an 867MHz G4 with 640MB of memory and
about 80GB of disk space).  I am very impressed...just thought I'd share.

Ido
Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP           		E-mail:          ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Architect
dubrawsky.org