[geeks] Sprint replacement

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri May 7 10:12:43 CDT 2004

> From: Kevin <kevin at mpcf.com>
> Date: 2004/05/07 Fri PM 02:23:50 GMT
> To: geeks at sunhelp.org
> Subject: [geeks] Sprint replacement

> So i called and bitched and got them to order a Palm based
> replacement.  So i then asked the guy at Lock/Line how i should
> get the Toshiba back to them and he said they would send a padded
> envelope to send it back in.  I kept trying to explain to the guy
> that this thing was new in the box, with the cradle and all the
> other accessory crap still in the plastic wrap, and that there
> was no way it would all fit into an envelope.  He persisted, and
> said that i should only send the phone back.  I then directly
> asked him if i should just throw the cradle and stuff into the
> trash.  His answer was yes.
>
> WTF??????

I suspect their refurb/return agreement was set up to only require return of the phone unit for a fixed % of price, and since they get no additional credit for accessories, and they are paying for shipment, why pay to ship something that will be thrown out upon arrival???

I bet this agreement was negotiated to allow for returns for units with missing accessories (I can't find the belt clip? I've lost the wallwart... What do you mean I can't get a refund?)...