[geeks] Sprint replacement

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Fri May 7 09:23:50 CDT 2004

My PalmOS based i300 phone from Sprint is broken.  Called the
phone insurance people (Lock/Line) and asked them to send me a
replacement.  Like all policies of that nature, they reserve the
right to send a like phone or one of comparable value and use,
(they will also usually send you a reconditioned phone.)

The phone arrives and it's a FUCKING Windows CE POS.  A Toshiba
2032SP, brand new in the box.  Of course this is not usable for
me - i sync my Samsung i300 with my Octane and somehow i don't
see a Windows CE device doing that.  Every time i touched it, i'd
get that icky Microsoft unclean feeling.  On top of that, it's a
fuckin' huge, goofy looking piece of crap, even if i liked
Windows i wouldn't want this thing.

So i called and bitched and got them to order a Palm based
replacement.  So i then asked the guy at Lock/Line how i should
get the Toshiba back to them and he said they would send a padded
envelope to send it back in.  I kept trying to explain to the guy
that this thing was new in the box, with the cradle and all the
other accessory crap still in the plastic wrap, and that there
was no way it would all fit into an envelope.  He persisted, and
said that i should only send the phone back.  I then directly
asked him if i should just throw the cradle and stuff into the
trash.  His answer was yes.

WTF??????

/KRM

--
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/