[geeks] TCF

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Mon May 3 14:13:24 CDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 14:29, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 00:49, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> > > Wouldn't it have been easier just to set it up downstairs?  You
> > > could always call it a tall coffee table.
> >
> > You missed the part of the previous posting that pointed out that I live
> > in a second floor apartment, the downstairs isn't mine to put stuff in
> > :)
>
> What? They don't like electric coffee tables?  Anyway, I did miss that.
> At least they didn't complain about the noise of moving it.

The only response from my neighbors was "What IS that thing?"

> I guess you don't do things like I do.  An example is get soil samples from my
> backyard for my Environmental class.......at midnight.

My neighbors wouldn't care if I did.  :)

For now, the Crimson is living in my kitchen until I move.  I popped out
the CPU board just to see what was on it and what kind of shape it was
in and was shocked at how pristine it is.  The boards in this thing look
like they were just fabbed yesterday.  There is NO dust inside this
box.  I don't know anything about Crimsons really, so any pointers to
docs beyond Ian Mapleson's stuff would be appreciated.  It appears to
have VGXT graphics, and an R4400 150 processor.  I haven't tried to
power it up yet since I don't have a 220 outlet in my apartment.  If
anybody has some RE graphics for sale/trade, please let me know.  (For
those of you following some of the recent Intel threads on rescue, the
RE uses Intel i860XP processors :)  According to the specs I can find,
the polygon handling on this thing far outstrips my Indy and nearly
matches my Octane, so bzflag should run just fine on it :P

Cheers,

Caleb