[geeks] MAME?

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sun May 2 15:20:19 CDT 2004

Bill Bradford wrote:
> Anybody else build a MAME machine?  I just ordered a complete set (six DVD-Rs)
> of MAME ROMs (for $20), and have enough parts around here to build a
> MAME machine... so I think I'm going to build a dedicated box and throw a
> cheap monitor on it.

Link, plz? ;-)

I've been considering it, given how expensive some of the carts
for the older consoles are (generally the ones I'd like to
try--Mario stuff, Zelda stuff, other RPG precursors.  Though, not
having had any Nintendo(s) in my younger days, I swapped for an
N64 a while back and bought a Super Nintendo at the Maryland "ham
swap" I went to a while back.  I'm of two minds about the whole
thing.

A quick perusal of some of the sites after googling tells me that
the controller issues are not as straight-forward as one might
like.  Of course, with no gear here at the moment, it's kind of
moot for a while.

=Nadine=