[geeks] TCF

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Sun May 2 10:12:15 CDT 2004

On Sun, 2 May 2004, Caleb Shay wrote:
> the other side we cleared the top, my wife came out with drinks and we
> looked at the staircase and said "That shouldn't have worked.  It should
> have gone sliding back down, crushed us, and kept going right through
> the railing of the deck."

That sounds like my friend and me getting our newly-acquired
Coke machines into our houses.  Mine was up two stairs and
into the living room, but he wanted his in the basement.  We
actually BROKE CHUNKS out of several of the stairs.  I'm not sure
if having gravity on your side is a good thing or not when you're
going one step at a time.  He paid a moving company to take it out
and they used ramps like you did.

> The real tragedy here is that in 2 weeks I'm moving and I'm going to
> have to get it back DOWN the stairs.

Can you strip it down a little more?  Yank out the power supply(s),
drives, any slide out boards, and maybe even some of the skins?  I
was able to strip my Alphaserver down from 200lbs to something I
could move upstairs by myself.

-DanD

# Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if
# he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.