[geeks] TCF

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun May 2 05:07:22 CDT 2004

Hello all,

I just wanted to post a follow-up to TCF (Day 1):

I sold some stuff (I-Opener, Javastation, DEC 3000/300XL, New In Box UPS, a Rack) and some stuff didn't sell (Linux/Transmeta tablet PC, Compaq network card and a Compaq Wide SCSI controller - both PCI), and gave away my dead NVRAM IPX to Bob.

>From the list, Linc, Caleb++, Andrew++ & Bob+2 all stopped by, and after the day was over, Caleb++, Andrew++ & I went out for chain mexican food and libations.

All-in-all a good time.

After "dinner" I followed Caleb++ home, and we got his (new to him) Crimson up to the second floor... In a most unusual way ;^) Caleb lives in a second floor apt, and we managed to get the Crimson up to the second floor by using his patio stairs. After we finished we said things like:

"That shouldn't have worked - we should have gotten crushed"

"I wish we took pictures"

I'll let Caleb describe how we did it...

Another good weekend - I was only tempted to buy two things, decided not to on both - a Lime Green iMac 333 MHz G3 for $125 and SCSI DVD players for $25 (or was it $50 each? I was thinking about two, but couldn't decide if I really needed them)...