[geeks] adventures with electric utility companies

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Sat Jul 31 12:45:37 CDT 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> > Obviously the unmoved cables won't fit on the new pole.
> > In the second picture, the unmoved cables are CLEARLY LABELLED
> > as METRIC.
>
> Heh.
>
> On Metric Blvd. (not all that far from the picture, actually),

Hello?  The sign for Metric Blvd is IN THE PICTURE, and some of
the wires are TOUCHING[0] THE POLE HOLDING THE SIGN.

This is what prompted the joke.

Here, look closely again:
http://www.mrbill.net/newcam/IMG_0027.jpg

> However, rather than being hashed in 1/10ths, they're hashed in halves,
> quarters, and eighths.
> OW, THE PAIN!!

*slaps forehead*

-DanD

[0] Is that really a good idea?  Don't they rub when the wind blows?
They don't appear to be fastened down or anything, and they appear
to have been transferred to the new pole already, so I assume this
is a permanent condition...

# From the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition:
# #87: A friend in need means three times the profit.