[geeks] Solaris 9 changes

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jul 29 12:38:27 CDT 2004

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 @ 23:23 +1000, Scott Howard said:

> So having done this for years, to do a backflip and start defaulting to
> 64 bit mode for the US-1's (with the removal of the 32 bit kernel)
> wasn't really an option.

Why not?

I don't see how that makes any sense at all.

My TurboSPARC 170 will lock up with a simple user instruction too.

As long as people know about the problem, I see no reason to disable
support when it isn't likely to be a problem.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are
scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald Griffin]