[geeks] recommended dual channel LVD controller, PC

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jul 22 16:15:07 CDT 2004

Thu, 22 Jul 2004 @ 12:21 +0200, Bj?rn Ramqvist said:

> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
> >>Do check in the Adaptec BIOS to check that the controllers are set to
> >>their maximum performance. Check also adapter firmware and compare with
> >>Adaptecs website.
> >
> >The maximum on the second controller is 20MB/sec.  I don't understand
> >why, but that's the fastest option it gives me.
>
> Go enable "Enable UltraSCSI Speed" in the controller options.

The only thing I see releated to speed is in the list of drive IDs,
where I can set the maximum speed.

I'll have another look when I reboot.

> >It's a version 1.22 BIOS, while the primary controller is a version 2.x
> >BIOS.  Seagate drives on the primary, Fujitsu on the secondary.
>
> Sounds like it's old...

Both of them are.  Even the "newer" one is over 5 years old now.

> I don't know, but are you sure it's a 2940UW? Cause the older 2940W is
> not flasheable, I think..

They are both nearly identical and both have the same main chip.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than
the sage amongst his books For to you kingdoms and their armies are mighty